In the recent weeks, I've noticed the "Baby" part is slowly but surely slipping away. I'm sure having a sister 3 years older doesn't hurt, but regardless, Peyton is well on her way now at 2 1/2 with her own words, thoughts and actions (some good & some we're working on :))!
Here are 10 things that come to mind that I'd like to share and remember about Peyton from the here and now...
- Peyton has 2 new tricks up her sleeve- 1. When asked a question, any question, she throws a shoulder shrug in your general direction and continues on her way. 2. When told something she isn't particularly fond of, she does this hissing sound with both arms thrown in your direction as if putting a spell on you. Both of these things would be maddening if Peyton were 13, but at this point I just have to stifle my laughter!
- Peyton has just started to sit down and be able to watch a long length show or movie on tv- Dora dvds are her pick of the week. I remember Kylie at this age loving those same exact movies!
- Peyton's pretty agreeable and "gives up"much easier than big sis- this is refreshing. Not to say she is not still in her terrible twos, because believe you me she is, but the moments tend to be more like moments than weeks!
- Peyton is now able to say full sentences and tell us exactly what she means! She's listening even when I don't know she is and makes her point known if she disagrees with what she heard! There's not much hesitation anymore as if she needs to think of the words. When we pulled up the driveway tonight, Peyton just casually said "Is Daddy home?".
- Peyton's favorite tv program is "Gabba Gabba Gabba Gabba" better known as Yo Gabba Gabba. I don't mind because it's messages are good and the music isn't bad either!
- Peyton loves to sing and dance- even to things a 2 1/2 yr old would never know of at this stage- unless they have an older sibling....Justin Bieber, Ludicrous, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce, Pink, need I list more :)?!
- Peyton's favorite stuffed animal continues to be Monkey, who has been with her through thick and thin. Barney, Brobee & Gary (from Spongebob) are also part of her current crew that are never far from her side!
- Peyton doesn't like baths right now but that seems to change every few months. Right now it's BAD. Should you pass by our house around 7:00pm or so you might wonder just what we're doing to her inside. Have no fear- it's just bathtime. Next month it will be back to pouring her tea and playing in the bubbles- I hope!
- Peyton sleeps best with no covers on. If I put them on they will be kicked off immediately- this must run in the family too as Daddy and Kylie are not big fans of sleeping tucked in either! But the most important thing here is that she's sleeping all through the night- a good 8 hours. Now if Mommy could just start going to bed earlier to truly get a good night's sleep too!
- Peyton's favorite books are "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?", "Elmo Loves You" & Yo Gabba Gabba's "There's a Party In My Tummy". If these are nearby at bedtime it's pretty smooth sailing!