Friday, March 6, 2009

How can it be...


that Kylie will be starting Kindergarten in only 5 months? Pete and I attended the kindergarten preview night last night where Kylie will attend grades K-5 beginning this August- Gwendolyn Brooks Elementary School. We're very excited for the girls to attend this school as it's in one of our nation's top school districts and is only five minutes from home!

I was surprised by the various emotions I was overcome with while at the school. Afterall, Kylie has practically been in fulltime daycare since she was 6 months old! Even so, I guess after hearing all of the information presented by her principal and teachers and touring the school, I couldn't help but feel like I was on the verge of letting some bits of "my little Kylie" go...

Riding a school bus, choosing her lunch, daily lessons of reading/writing/math/science/social studies/computers, art & music class twice a week, PE three times a week...yikes! Luckily Daddy was there to reassure me that everything was going to be ok and although some things will be new to us we'll all manage just fine. Afterall, Kylie isn't the first 5 year old to enter Kindergarten! But it sure does feel that way though b/c she's OUR 5 year old :)!

1 comment:

Ty's Mommy said...

But she's YOUR first 5 year old to start! I am nervous anough about pre-Kg next year! Hold it together, mom! You guys are doing a wonderful job!