I got to thinking that I really needed to post a list of Peyton's recent "doings". Not just to update you, our loyal reading audience, but for a Mommy reminder as well! She is developing into quite the busy toddler with places to go and people to see. She's constantly on the go unless it's time to eat one of her many meals a day at the table or to recharge in her crib (which she still isn't a big fan of!). As her 18 month birthday will be here in just a few weeks, we're able to see into the little person she is becoming more and more- full of energy, full of curiosity and full of love!
1. Hugs and Kisses- Adorable. Not only can Peyton now blow us kisses (muuuuwah!), she can pucker up and give us real kisses! And she has definitely figured out the right times to do it to be extra cute and to get herself out of the most sticky situations with Mommy. Nothing beats looking up and hearing that smooch come your way or looking down and feeling a squeeze around your leg accompanied by an "awww"- whatever the reason :)!
2. Coloring- Peyton LOVES to color! Give her a piece of paper (or a wall, or a wood floor, or a...:)), and a crayon, marker or piece of chalk and she is in heaven. She assumes her position on her tummy on the floor or sitting at the little desk and does a great job with drawing in color after color! Little does she know what excitement lies ahead for her in the art department- paints, glue and all kinds of fun AND messy supplies!
3. "Uh Uh Oh"- Uh Oh has now become Uh Uh Oh. And yes with the double "uh uh" has come double the concern with what has just happened for her to be saying that :)!
4. Walking, Running, Climbing & Sliding- Peyton is everywhere now as I think I may have alluded to just a few times already :). Along with her ability to get where she wants to when she wants to has come an extreme amount of independence. Are we surprised? Look who she has as a big sister :)! Peyton has the "no fear" look in her eyes when she wants to climb ladders, slide down slides, swing on the "big kid" swings, run in the opposite direction of where she should be going- she wants to do it and she wants to do it ALONE :)! Not so fast my princess, Mommy needs to be there to catch you if you fall- at least for a few more years!
5. Singing & Dancing- Not only does Peyton have quite a few dance moves she also recently started "singing". Some of her favorite chart toppers are Elmo's World, Wiggle Bay and of course "Monkey Dance" from Wiggly Playtime. It is the cutest thing to watch! I feel many at home productions to come straight from the "Kylie & Peyton Show"!
6. Morning Wake Up Calls- As Peyton typically does not sleep through the night yet, it's inevitable that either Mommy or Daddy end up in the guest bed in Peyton's room at some point in the late night or early morning hours. If Daddy is the lucky one, watch out! Peyton will wake up, crawl past Daddy, get down off the bed and make her way to her first victim. Most of the time Mommy is the one to be awakened all the way downstairs because Mommy = Peyton's breakfast cook! But once she is successful in waking up one it's on to the next after a short while. It usually doesn't take Peyton long to realize that big sis is still upstairs sleeping so up she goes for her second wake up call of the day. Although sometimes still sleepy, there's nothing Kylie loves more than having Baby crawl up into bed with her and tap her to wake up!
7. "Talking"- Peyton says about a dozen words at this point and dozens of others that only she understands! Some of the most frequent ones she uses are: the multi purpose "bu ba!" (mama, dada, bubble, puppy, Barney...), ba ba (bottle), ball, there it is, this, "mo more" (MORE!) & bath. It won't be long until the rest of her mysterious syllables transform into words that I'm sure will make us laugh and make it much easier to understand just what she needs or wants from us!