Monday, December 7, 2009

not for sissies

This morning, since I was awakened by the little pitter patter of Peyton's feet at 4:30am, seems like a good day for this post. A few weeks ago I picked up this book of quotes as I was going thru the library- motherhood is not for sissies, by Evelyn Beilenson. As all you moms out there know there are the great days with kids, the challenging days and those days that fall somewhere in the middle!

I chose my "top ten" of the quotes I could really relate to these days and/or that made me laugh for all the Mommies out there. May we have the patience, strength, sense of humor & courage to do the best job we can for our most precious belongings!
  • A mother is a person who, seeing there are only 4 pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. -Tenneva Jordan
  • Surrendering to motherhood means surrendering to interruption. -Erica Jong
  • I figure if the kids are alive at the end of the day, I've done my job. -Roseanne
  • Motherhood is not for the fainthearted. Used frogs, skinned knees and the insults of teenage girls are not meant for the wimpy. -Danielle Steele
  • Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. -Phyllis Diller
  • If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers. -E.W. Howe
  • Babies don't come with directions on the back or batteries that can be removed. Motherhood is twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. You can't "leave the office."
  • A mother who navigates the waters of the terrible twos can weather any storm.
  • Life begins when the kids go to bed!
  • Darwin actually had mothers in mind when he came up with the "survival of the fittest" theory.

No comments: