Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Meme

I've been tagged by my friend Jennifer to do a meme. But first here's the definition I had to look up to know what I was being asked to do!

A meme (pronounced /miːm/)[1] consists of any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Examples include thoughts, ideas, theories, practices, habits, songs, dances and moods. Memes propagate themselves and can move through a "culture" in a manner similar to the behavior of a virus. As a unit of cultural evolution, a meme in some ways resembles a gene.

So here goes:

Three things...

THAT SCARE ME: bugs that bite or sting, bad storms with high winds, criminal people

I LOVE: my family, the 4 seasons, taking pictures

I HATE: inconsistency, that there is world hunger, seafood

I'M DOING RIGHT NOW: relaxing for 5 minutes before I go pick up the little ones from school, catching up on the news of the day, pushing the dog with his wet paws off the leather couch I cleaned & treated yesterday

I CAN DO: pay attention to detail, remember ALMOST anything, organize (when I have the time!)

I CAN'T DO: return phone calls promptly, keep up with mail/paperwork, keep plants alive

THAT ARE MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FOODS: any carbs I shouldn't have, Starbucks (is that a food?), Spanish tapas

SHOWS I WATCHED WHEN I WAS A KID: Different Strokes, Three's Company, Little House on the Prairie

No comments: