Thursday, May 29, 2008

Change for the better

I think this week has been the longest dry run of our blog since I started it in March! This means I've been either extremely busy or without having happenings or photos of the little ones to share, I'm just pretty boring on my own anymore :)!

I've been travelling for business this week in Wisconsin. One more day of meetings here in Milwaukee and then I can hit the road back home. Kylie has spent the week having a blast at Grandma and Papa's house. Daddy is very busy at work but has been able to have some quality time with Peyton and Spike :) in the evenings. One added bonus for him is that neither of them have the ability to change the channel on him when he is trying to watch a Cubs game!

It's funny how everyone says kids change your life forever (and then add, "for the better of course :)"). But it's so true. Since I've been travelling more lately than I have in some time, I've realized just how much of a change for a better there's been since little Peyton and Kylie came into my world.

Here are the top 5 things from this week that show I've definitely been "mommified":

1) Even though I can watch whatever I want on tv, nothing really looks that great to actually just sit and watch (plus I don't really know what's going on in them so it's more confusion than enjoyment!)

2) Even though I can eat whenever and wherever I want to ALONE, I still find myself eating whatever and in record time!

3) Even though I can sleep more than I have in months, I've gone to bed much later and am still wide awake by 6am!

4) I was shopping last night and didn't even look twice at a store for me but was looking at things for Kylie and Peyton until they were locking the doors (bit of "useless" information for you: stores close at 7pm in WI?!?!)

and 5)... I can't wait to hear Kylie say "mommy" over and over and over again :)!

I love you so much little ones and can't wait to see you tonight! ...And of course I'll come bearing gifts :)!

No comments: