Friday, August 15, 2008

Adventures In Learning Carnival Day

Today was the last day of summer camp at Kylie and Peyton's school - Adventures in Learning. I think I wrote at the beginning of the summer that the 4-5 year olds have a summer camp which means they go on 3 field trips a week all summer long.

The trips ran the gamut from hitting all of the local parks to have a fun morning playing outside and enjoying a picnic together to a bus ride to the Children's Museum at Navy Pier downtown. They went to the Naperville fire station, police station, roller skating, bowling, the zoo, a baseball game, a water park, an animal rescue center...I could go on and on. It was a great mixture of learning and fun and I'm glad Kylie could participate in most of the trips.

I volunteered to help run the carnival events today and below are some shots I captured of Kylie with her teachers and friends. There were games, face painting, tatoos, prizes, sno cones, cotton candy, a pinata, a moon jump, and a great lunch - what more could a 4 year old ask for on a school day :)? Earlier in the week the classes tie dyed shirts too, as that is the annual carnival attire I'm told!

Today also marks the girls' last day at the center as they will be staying home with me for awhile. I haven't been particularly anxious to jump back into the corporate rat race this summer but we'll see what the next few months hold as far as interviews, etc. In the meantime, I'm going to put my best foot forward in providing an environment where the learning and fun that they are so accustomed to carries on and to enjoy the moments we'll share together at home that we have never had before. I look forward to seeing firsthand all of the "firsts" both girls still have as they happen and to give them a break from the constant scurrying and scheduling Kylie has been used to since she was 6 months old.

Wish us luck ;)!


Kylie and Emily waiting patiently to go outside to the carnival (small world- Emily is the daughter of a guy that Pete used to work with way back at Simpson Technologies - about 10 years ago!)


Kylie went straight to the bowling game- I wonder who she takes after with that one :)?


Bozo buckets with Mr. Steve- now that game brought back some memories!


Kylie getting an awesome shooting star painted on her face by Ms. Natalie!


Waiting in line with Connor, Uma & Nick for the moon jump. Great job Ms. Kim in managing to get Kylie out of it after her turn was up!

No comments: