Saturday, August 9, 2008

Zerbes Summer BBQ 2008

Today was the first annual Zerbes Summer BBQ- aka Daddy's surprise bbq to wish him congrats and good luck as he starts his MBA coursework in a few weeks.

Everyone made it who said they would and had a great time. Close to 30 friends and neighbors filled the house since Mother Nature decided to change her forecast from earlier in the week to RAIN! So much for 77 and sunny. For those of you that know us well, Pete and I are the king and queen of rain- our wedding day, our honeymoon, I could go on and on! Nevertheless, a fun and pretty dry time was had by all!

Maybe this will be an annual event afterall...but I'll think more about that one after I get everything cleaned up from this one :). Thanks to everyone who brought something for the bbq and for all the cards and gifts to wish Pete the best on heading back to school. Special thanks to Grandma B. for all of her help and the chocolate chip cookies! I don't know what I would've done had I had to watch all the kids too?!

Congrats again Daddy! We're so excited and proud of you!

Here are a few pictures I managed to take while being hostess- Goodnight!




Grandma, Kylie and Peyton anxiously awaiting our first guest


Hanging out inside wishing the rain would stop soon!

We know you will be a #1 student Daddy :)!


Lynda and Jon- it was great to see my old friend after several months and to meet her boyfriend


Daddy posing with his new backpack :)! Mommy and Grandma made sure he would be prepared with supplies for his first day of school- a football book cover, race car pencils and erasers, extra bold coffee, notebook paper, a pocket dictionary, and lots of other little supplies.

1 comment:

Ty's Mommy said...

That stinks about the weather-- but don't we buy bigger houses cuz we know about the rain and sometimes parties have to be inside!

Congrats Pete on your new adventure! Let me know how is goes, maybe you can be my role model!