Monday, June 23, 2008

Old purple, new purple, should it be purple :)?

Some months ago we decided to use purple as the accent color for our family room that is primarily black and silver. I thought the shade I picked was the one I wanted but after living with it for several months I think I may have been a bit too ambitious :).

The one I picked to tone it down a bit is still in the purple family but is part of a more neutral pallet. Pete did a great job of adjusting the color :). I think everything will look really great once we finish the rest of the painting and updating of the fixtures, etc.

What do you think?



Original condition - blah white!


Purple #1 and the jury's still out?



Purple #2 and final answer!

1 comment:

Ty's Mommy said...

I like them both-- sometimes it just takes a lot of getting used to. Maybe the second one is a better shade, not quite as eye grabbing! I am horrible picking out colors-- there are 20000 different colors to choose from!